Thursday, February 23, 2012

timing.

it is a funny day. and i mean that in the most positive way possible. but i just had to take a minute and laugh earlier. seriously. i am happy.


i guess i should start off by mentioning just how beautiful it is outside. high around 70. okay. it’s perfect.


this morning, i woke up early. took a nice little walk to my car to get my hammock. why? because i was giving a speech in my 9:30 class. on hammocking. it was fun. during that class, i got an email from Stumo. the subject line read: "Thanks for Your Kaleo Deposit - Your Spot is Guaranteed!” there it is, ladies and gentlemen. i don’t know what it is about that that made it so real. yes, i was certain i was going. but now, i. am. going. i am scared. but i am also joyful beyond explanation. all i wanted to do was tell everyone around me!


about an hour later, i got a text from a friend that read, “just. got. hired.” wait. camp. i had almost forgotten about it in the midst of all the excitement. her text meant today was hiring day. it couldn’t have come with more perfect timing. that’s why my day was funny. God is funny. his timing is cool. all day long i have read tweet after tweet and facebook status after facebook status about who was hired for camp this summer. while it has been a little bit difficult today, getting that email today made all the difference in my attitude toward everything. the timing of it all just confirmed that i made the right decision.


then i spent a couple hours outside. hanging out. being with people. spending time in fellowship. i took a test. it was good.


now i am doing laundry. it’s actually relaxing. i’m getting things done. i am feeling great. my life recently has been up and down. i am ready for consistency, and i really feel like i am making steps toward getting there.


that is my prayer. to be rooted in the word and the Lord and in nothing else. if i am dependent on the things of this world, my life will show it. roller coaster. i want to be secure in the Lord’s callings.


so, like i have always prayed, “take this world, but give me Jesus.”

1 comment:

  1. Last year was kind of difficult for me, too, when I got all the "I'm hired!" texts and read all the "Camp 2011!" statuses, and I started to second-guess my decision not to apply. Just continue to be confident that God has called you elsewhere, and that He knows what He's doing. I am excited for you about Kaleo! :)

    ReplyDelete