Sunday, January 29, 2012

sunsets, you know?

today i got away. yes, it was only for a few minutes. but yes, it was perfect.

i sat. i read. i just started So Long Insecurity. it is powerful. they are needed words. i sat. outside. in the almost-cold. at sunset. reading. alone. with my music. hymns. with Jesus. as i watched the sun descend on the horizon, i was mesmerized. every single time i looked at the sky, looked down, and looked up, it was different. Jesus was painting the sky for me. He knew i wanted to feel close to someone in that moment, and He was letting me know that He was watching. He was paying attention to me. He knew my heart and knew that, by using the sky, He could reach down to earth, for 30 minutes, and sit with me.



the world, my life, is constantly changing. just like that sunset. it never looks quite the same, but it can always be beautiful. sunsets are interesting to me. and i wonder why i am just now sitting down and taking the time to realize this. the sun and the sky are two things too big for the human mind to even begin to comprehend. yet, when i was sitting there by myself, i was captivated by the intimacy of the colors swirling above my head.



this weekend i spent a lot of time in solitude. i am beginning to enjoy it. i have been able to think. to listen. to know things about my heart i had never known.

i am listening to a friend listen to music and sing along with the words, "You can have all this world, but give me Jesus." and once more that is what i want to leave you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment