Saturday, January 14, 2012

let's do it again.

Classes for the second semester of my freshman year start Tuesday. That is three days from now. I have been in Fayetteville since Thursday. My belongings are all moved back in to my dorm room. From my window I can see students and their parents pull into parking spots and begin to unload laundry baskets and suitcases. As I think about the 16 weeks to come, I can't help but wonder what is in store. At SMC a couple weeks ago, I made a list of answers to the question, "So, what am I going to do?" This list became more or less a list of spiritual New Year's Resolutions.

-begin the day in praise and thanksgiving
-trust solely in the Lord
-LEARN
-pray continuously
-meditate on the Word in order to examine my life
-ask questions
-let someone in
-be held accountable
-let go of my pride
-seek purposeful fellowship
-be more intentional with my time
-hold my tongue
-purify my thoughts
-fight temptation daily
-retain knowledge to gain wisdom
-practice discernment
-put the word into action
-MAKE AN IMPACT on someone's life
-bless someone every day

Most of these things are very general, and I have no clue what they will look like in my life this semester. I could pretend I knew exactly what decisions I would make and steps I would take over the next few months, but that would get me nowhere. So, here I am. I have a list of goals. I have the first couple of steps to take to reach those goals. I am eager to see what the Lord will do in my life to help me along the way. He has begun to reveal himself to me. I know He won't hold back. So I won't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment