Sunday, January 13, 2013

fayetteville.

it's as close to home as i have ever felt. being in the town of fayetteville feels so right. always.

but i realize my days in Fayetteville are numbered, and i have no control over that number. i vow to enjoy this city more. and to love these people deeper. there is something special about the community that is here. i may not always have that, and i want to take full advantage of it while i can.

so, i am vowing to begin (and hopefully finish) this semester in love. and as i have had time to think about how to love, it's been hard because i have realized that this city and these people aren't mine. they have been given to me by God for a little while, but before i know it, they could be gone. i could be gone. how do you learn to love something and invest your time in it without letting it take the place of the Lord in your life. He still deserves the highest priority.

this semester is going to be good, i can already feel it. and not in a, "oh, i just came back from break where i went to a Christian conference and i'm so fired up!" kind of way. it's going to be good in a "i am excited to spend time with the Lord and during that time learn how to live the rest of my life" kind of way. my classes might be hard, but it'll work out. i'm taking perspectives. joining a Bible study. leading worship more. through all of this, i pray the Lord draws me close to himself and helps me to focus on him always....that i never become wrapped in everything that is going on, but that i constantly live to glorify Him.

in everything i do.

1 comment:

  1. definitely agree with everything said here. I felt that community in such a real way the last 2 years I spent there. which made it (and still makes it) extremely hard to let go of when that time for me came. I struggled through last semester knowing I said goodbye to that life. there have still been days lately that are hard without the fellowship of everyone and walking into a house full of over 100 girls who you know so much about. but that has prompted me to find community here. because whereever we are, in every seasons of life God takes us through, He calls us to be in community with others. cherish those moments and allow yourself to feel the love that town offers...but also like you said, be careful with how much you do become attached and let God fill that place instead. that is something I wish I would have done more because I can see the downfall of it now. it's an incredible town!! I love that you love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete