Thursday, March 29, 2012

fear.

i am not sure who are you or why you are reading this, but i am going to let you in on a little secret: i am a fearful person.

i am incredibly optimistic, but that does not mean my mind doesn't wander and lead me to sometimes fearing the days to come. recently, in my frustration and confusion with my lack of growth, i have become aware of the fears i have. i know i have a huge purpose, even beyond my imagination, but that by itself is terrifying. the thought of having to go through changes to get where i need to be is hard.

but, my thought process can't stop there. last monday night at the Fayetteville Prayer Room, i spent some time praying with a group of people i had never met before. during this time, a few of them spoke words from the Lord over me. the Lord used them to answer my questions and put my fears to rest. they saw the Lord leading me by still waters into a time of peace. but they also saw that there was something more. a deeper place for me to meet with the Lord. i needed to take a leap, dive into the waters that seem scary. it is in that moment that i will find the peace of God and will be completely overwhelmed and comforted by his presence.

there is no place in my life for fear of failure or fear of man. God is my hope and he has overcome all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment